PDA

View Full Version : Difficulties for new arrivals to find employment in Australia

dennisadonis
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to understand the situation from employers perspective, why they don't want to employ higher qualified overseas professionals specially in Management field. Such as Marketing and Sales Manager or Unit Manager , General Manager? It seems to be sort of discrimination going on under the excuse; "not enough local experience"
What is the real truth? Does the companies which have job openings out there, mainly looking to headhunt workforce from the other companies in the same industry? That's why it looks like there is so many job offers out there but in the end no one get interview. Or even if you get an interview that's because recruitment agent need to fulfill its KPI's. Lets say recruitment agent hasn't been very good informed about the opening (even they got 5-6 pages detailed job descriptions) what the employer have in his/her mind is mostly different than they declare on the paper.
I will very much appreciate if you could give me some thoughts about that.
What make it's so difficult to get in to workforce for new arrivals in Australia?
What is the real truth behind that even your CV fit 100% of the jobs descriptions you wont get an interview?
Thanks very much for comments