PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for understanding leadership development

AmyH
13-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I’m conducting some research on leadership in the workplace as part of my PhD at The University of Queensland. In particular, I’m looking at why some people want to lead and for others it is the furthest thing from their mind. Most people automatically assume that leadership is based purely on personality. While I think this is likely, I also think that the organisation plays an important role as well. The results are expected to have implications for leadership selection programs as well as leadership training and development.

So I really need your help to get as many people as possible to participate! Each person counts!

Anyone can complete this survey from admin, to finance to trades to CEOs! Also, I don’t collect any identifying information about the individual or their organisation so the survey remains anonymous.

My survey is available on paper (with a reply paid envelope) or online which could be emailed to staff email listings. I am based in Brisbane but I can definitely post surveys to you if you’re interstate.

If you think there might be some people in your organisation (even just a few!) that may be willing to fill out one of my surveys or if you would like some more information please contact me on:
Mobile: 0400701544
Email: a.hawkes@uq.edu.au

Every single one counts!

Thanks!
Amy

HeidiC
18-11-2008, 04:29 PM
AmyH,
I have sent you an email, please feel free to send me your survey.

pjohnson777
06-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Amy, although it's not directly related, you might also want to read the document here:

http://changethis.com/19.bossdictator