Default fast food outlet award

Hi

My friends daughter works for a fast food outlet and recently was saying that she works all day on a Sunday but only gets paid double time for 4 hours
    the rest get averaged with the rest of her shifts as normal time. Has anyone come across this before as I haven't.
    She is employed as a casual though orginially when she started she said something about being part time with 20 hours.
    Recently she also had to be taken to hospital and they gave her a medical certificate for two days but her boss wouldn't accept it from the hospital and
    reduced her shifts for the next fortnight when she asked for two days to recuperate.
    I advised her to check out her employment contract to see what the conditions of employment were but she said they didn't get one which I thought was strange.
    Also advised that maybe needs to ask what award/agreement she is paid under and whether she is casual or parttime.. then contact fairwork or franchise head office.
    My friend advised they had asked and the boss/owner was quite agressive and swore at them.
    I suggested that maybe seeking another position would be a good move...
    I am looking into the modern award for hospitality to see what I can glean here.. but any help or advice on how to proceed would be appreciated especilly if you had
    come across this averaging shifts before.

Let me google that for you

From this award (MA000003), Sunday rates are only X1.5, not double time. So although the employer has an odd way of explaining the Sunday pay (i.e. 4 hours at double time and the rest is averaged) they might actually be getting the correct amount - if not more than what is due.

With regards to sick time and hours being cut - if she is a casual employee that is the nature of the employment. Casual hours can be varied from week to week. You are right to be checking employment contract and asking for a copy of the Award. But honestly, it would probably be easier just to find a new job than travel down the FW road and reporting the employer and everything that comes with that...