Default OneTest, Test Grid or The Rogers Group?

Hi all,

We are currently looking to engage a psychometric/pre-employment assessment provider and have narrowed it down to three possibilities, OneTest, Test Grid and The Rogers Group. In terms of capabilities, all 3 offer tests suitable to our requirements.

Have you had any experience with any of these providers and how did it go in terms of ease of use, support, functionality, costing, sustainability??

These 3 are by no means locked in so if any one has any other providers they recommend, please let me know.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
    Ashleigh

Default Ashleigh

What is the purpose of your testing? For who, how many, and for what level of work?
    I ask, as Psychometric testing has numerous issues I've experienced over the years, I sit on the outer as testing does not pick up much of what we need in the workplace. Just take a look at some people in jobs that were successful in the testing... it is leaves something to ponder.

I'm a vocational workplace counsellor and I've used and modified a skills assessment, which identifies 35 skills, next the level achieved (extent of capability via activities/examples), and lastly allows the person to write a real world activity they excelled in using that skill. One thing this intervention importantly does is gets the person to focus on what they do know about themselves, not freak them into screwing up on a test. It's been a great tool. Stressors are great already, testing candidates someone isn't a true gauge - it may save time, but it has been documented that it equals pulling candidates out of a hat. Best to use people skills to judge a person.
    Any thoughts?

Default Onetest

Hi Ashleigh,

First things first, I had better disclose that I am a Onetest employee!

I absolutely agree that the actual delivery of the tools can sometimes have the biggest impact on the success of the solution. If you like, I could arrange for you to speak to some of our clients directly to get an idea of how they have used our systems and what kind of experiences they've had?

Also, you may wish to take a look at (if you hadn't already) our LinkedIn group, webinars and blog posts to get a feel for how we operate. The news and resources section of our website might be a good place to start - Onetest - News & Media

It's worth noting too that we provide services to a huge range of organisations. We can deliver both large scale, enterprise level solutions for hundreds (or thousands) of tests with a dedicated Solutions Manager to handle all implementation, as well as ad-hoc testing via our self service testing platform.

Both solutions come with 7 day technical phone support for yourself and your candidates, as well as access to our psychology team for training or support.

Happy to answer any other specific questions you might have.

Otherwise, good luck with your search!

Kind Regards,

William Smith-Stubbs
    Onetest

T: 1300 137 937
    E: wsmith-stubbs@onetest.com.au

Thanks for your replies... much appreciated. We are still in the scoping phase but William, I may be in touch depending on the outcome.

Sounds good Ashleigh!

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Default The Rogers Group

Hi Ashleigh

Like William let me declare I am an interested party as I am Managing Director of The Rogers Group.

Like William (and indeed I am sure TestGrid) we are also happy to supply references of a number of clients who have used our services for many years.

When you are dealing with suppliers of the nature of OneTest, TestGrid and ourselves, you are at the top end of a complex marketplace. We all three provide high value, valid tests that have been well researched.

The choice between us remains very much one of style. I strongly recommend you talk to clients who have been with each of the three companies you are considering and ask them about the suitability of tests to your own specific needs. Have a look at the output of the tests you are considering and see which best suit the style of your hiring managers.

If we can be of any help providing you with references or more data, technical manuals or norming studies etc just let me know.

You can email me direct on martyn.rogers@rogersgroup.com.au or call me on 1300 ROGERS (1300 764377)

Thanks and good luck with your choices!

Default Profiles International

Hi Ashleigh,

Our company, Peoplogica, provides organisations with a variety of assessment instruments including Profiles International JobFit assessments. These scientificall proven assessments have the highest predictive reliability in the marketplace, are normed on the Australian population and deliver a three fold increase in the success rate of selecting future top performers. If you would like to know more please don't hesitate to email me on mark@peoplogica.com

Regards,

Mark Purbrick

Hi Ashleigh,

I have been customer of Testgrid for over 8 years and have always found them to be fantastic. Their responsiveness and support has always been 1st class and a good variety of assessment tools to suit different needs from both a recruitment and development perspective.

All the best and feel free to email me directly with any questions - truffin@advize.com.au

Kind Regards, Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by ashleighh View Post
    Thanks for your replies... much appreciated. We are still in the scoping phase but William, I may be in touch depending on the outcome.
    Hi Ashleigh

I am interested to find out who you decided to go with in the end; and how the process is working out for you?

Thanks

K