Default Unbiased HR Technology Advice on Online Performance Management Tools

Hi All

I am in the process of looking at online performance management and remuneration review management tools.

So far, unless I want to spend 60K on a Gartner membership, I am unable to find unbiased, objective reviews on such tools.

In fairness, even responses I have seen in this forum seem to be written in many cases by vendors or authorised sellers of those products.

Can anyone recomend a reputable site or resource?

Thanks in advance

Hi Daniel

I have had direct experience with Pivot (NZ origin) which I found to be fine in an environment with 4000 employees. There is also Remesys (Aus owned) which is supported by a number of people I have been involved with but I have not used myself. Currently I am receiving some exposure to Success Factors which also looks to operate ok.

My suggestion is that you select two or three of the systems on offer - best to select ones that support the size of your organisation including projected growth and ask to speak with a couple of users of each to get their opinions and see their systems in operation and understand their configuration. Often the effectiveness of the system will depend on how it needs to be configured to meet your organisation's requirements. If it is unusual and complex around roll-up and distribution of budget then the modification cost can be high and the training for Managers more complex. Rgds Tasman

It may be wise to take into consideration the recent changes to the Privacy Act when choosing on-line HR systems, if any personal information is being stored in the system.

Some new amendments to the Act (which came into effect earlier this month) may create new responsibilities for employers in how they store personal information belonging to their staff (or their customers).

Compliance may become more complex and onerous when data is stored in "the cloud", which more often than not, means outside Australian territory.

Companies who already use "Software as a Service" or "cloud" based applications, would also be wise to check their compliance with the amended Act.