Default Cambron HRM Software (focus on strategy)

We are looking at purchasing the Cambron suite of software - HR Manager, Governance and Business Plans and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience good or bad using their software. We are a not for profit welfare organisation of approximately 800 employees spread across the country.

Smile

Hi Di,

Here’s my mini Cambron software review. I have used Cambron for about 6 years now in its various versions in two different organisations. Currently I work for an organisation that employs around 900 staff across multiple locations. Cambron HR Manager was initially installed here about 3 years ago and we have just started using their Governance and Business Plan modules which the CEO loves. All of a sudden she thinks HR is kicking some strategic goals???

To sum up, their software captures individual employee efforts through workplans that then flow up (or down depending on your perspective) to any of our multitude of business plans and a whole range of governance (risk) type issues. Along the way it delivers online appraisal, training and development, critical document links plus more.

Pros
    Simple to use
    Access of information, particularly for managers and employees
    I also understand that it is cost effective as I know that there are a number of fairly small organisations that use it. We certainly manage our training costs a lot better.
    Links to Microsoft and other software. Eg all reports are either in Excel or Word

Cons
    It would be nice if they had a 360 module and a feature that allowed employee surveys as I would think that these would be easy to add.

Summary
    Cambron claim its software is a strategic tool – I think that is probably fair. It’s certainly not a garden variety HRI System. Overall I think that it is a pretty good piece of software and well worth looking at.

Hi Di4HR,

We started out with Cambron HR Manager then implemented business plans and governance 12 months later. Our SMT think that it is great as do our Board. As a HR person I do have a much better understanding of our goals and objectives and think HR now makes a stronger organisational contribution.

OzBizReviews did a review Cambron Review