Default Strong and weakness factor of me ?

Hi all,

Will you share about how to answer with best statement if employer asking about my strong point and weakness point of mine?

I usually anwer the strong point easily as I can describe my capabilities in HR (8 function of HR) but have a rather difficulty to express my weakness.

Sometimes when I failed the interview, I suspect the statement of weakness was the factor why employer reject me.

In some interview I always state that my weakness is : "I am too patient to face people, if some employees disturbing me or try to kick me, I am the person who always keep silent and let them express their anger."

Is that answer not satisfy the interviewer ?

Please share, and thank to you all.

Are you talking about interviews in Australia?

This is an Australian HR site and the driving factors in recruitment are different here than they are in some other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Are you talking about interviews in Australia?

This is an Australian HR site and the driving factors in recruitment are different here than they are in some other countries.
    I have been in multi national organization and some Australians are in. In my humble opinion, HR perspective especially recruitment is just the same. We have same technique and theory for interview need.

But anyway, thanks you have noticed me to talk something most related with Australia HR. Hope I will be able to work here

Quote Originally Posted by bsn View Post
    In some interview I always state that my weakness is : "I am too patient to face people, if some employees disturbing me or try to kick me, I am the person who always keep silent and let them express their anger."

Is that answer not satisfy the interviewer ?
    Caution - I'm going to be blunt...

Unfortunately if it was in Australia, your command of the language may be an issue.

The Y-man

Hi there,
    Unfortunately your answer makes you appear to be unassertive and weak - a pushover. This is not an admirable trait even if the job does require you to suck up everything that is thrown at you. However, If the job required a person to be strong, assertive, pro-active, persuasive etc. your answer would have failed you. Your command of written English could do with some improvement as well. You may have failed in the interview if you did not express yourself well overall. An interviewer is looking for an overall fit - so answers aren't necessarily right or right - they are an indication of overall fit to the job.

Any sign of weakness in an interview indicates a possible weakness in the role. Never say you have any weaknesses. Its a balancing act between competent and cocky, and only you can decide where the line is and walk it.....

I always say my weakness is chocolate. That seems to get a giggle and relax everyone. It's never failed for me.

Recruiting Panel / Managers pick the best fit candidate for their job opening. Best Fit means "Closest" and not "Ideal". It is very understandable that every individual has strengths and weaknesses that are quite conspiscous in ones' personality. So it is good to speak with pride about your strengths and optimistically about your weaknesses. Choice of words and connotations play a very important role in expression of these two areas in any interview.
    e.g if your weakness is being submissive in general , it can be expressed as"subdued" which has both positive and negative aspects. But it is important in my opinion that your weaknesses should be actually "yours" and not from any interview training manual.

Hope this helps !

Wish you Good Luck for next interview !!

you have a slight tendency toward perfectionism, but that you are open to learning from mistakes. Don't go into details about stressing out, because people who can't handle stress might be passed over....