PDA

View Full Version : Entry level opportunities for permanent residents

amohsin
18-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Hi,

I am looking for a part time opportunity in Human resources. I have been job hunting for some time now. I have tried all job boards, LinkedIn,Facebook, HR Buzz, Local niche job sites- You name it!

I am a permanent resident but new to the workforce. Looking for some advice /Opportunities.

Thanks
Afshan

Moz
18-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Afshan,

Part time HR jobs are hard to come by - demand exceeds supply.

You say you are new to the workforce, so are you looking for entry level positions?

If so this might be worth keeping an eye on Jobs in HR | Junior HR Jobs (http://www.jobsinhr.com.au/browse-hr-jobs/Junior-HR-jobs)

My advice to job seekers is to explore every avenue possible, but it can be really tough to get your first break.

Best of luck,
Moz

amohsin
18-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Hi Moz,

Thanks for such prompt reply! Yes I am looking for entry level jobs. I am subscribed to Jobs in Hr as well. I was able to land with just 1 interview which was for a Youth Consultant. Some of the job description are so easy but yet I don't seem to get any calls. I do take care to include key words similar to the JD so the ATS recognises my application. (People tell there is discrimination, There maybe, but I don't want to lose my focus on more important things ). I just want to make sure that I have no stone unturned!

Thanks,
Afshan