PDA

View Full Version : Applicant Tracking Software - recommendations

getstaffed
21-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Good afternoon, I manage a small recruitment team and I was hoping to get some recommendations for a good ATS. We use one at the moment which is quite good, but it does have issues with email integration. What I'm looking for:
* Australian support
* Major job board integration
* Cloud based
* Excellent resume parsing
* Full integration with Outlook - this is the main problem I'm having. The software we currently use works fine if people apply through job boards, but we still get numerous hand-delivered resumes or resumes sent directly to consultants' inboxes. Our reception staff scan the resumes to an inbox, and our software is supposed to automatically upload all of the scanned resumes. However, it only works occasionally.

I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

Many thanks!

AstutePayroll
26-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I know I'm a bit late to the piece, but have you tried Jobadder or Bullhorn? Happy to give you the names of people to contact there!

Cheers,
Luci

Moz
26-03-2015, 12:16 PM
I don't know about Bullhorn, but Jobadder doesn't track email applications. I thought Jobadder was primarily a service for sending job ads to job boards rather than a full ATS?

I know Jobadder tracks clicks through an "Apply" URL, but I believe more people prefer to apply by email so if you restrict applications to a web interface you may be missing out on good candidates. And if you receive applications by email, you won't get an accurate data on applications from JobAdder.

I have used a customised ACT! CRM solution in the past as an ATS. That has good email integration with Outlook, for receiving and sending, but it didn't do some of the other things you require.

It may be that you need to chunk it up a little. Use JobAdder to integrate with job boards. Use a CRM like ACT! for activity tracking and email integration. I believe there are some separate document parsing add-ons for ACT!.

Let us know if you find something that can do everything you require!

Tiger
27-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Page Up is an amazing recruitment tool. Not sure if it fits your scenario however. But from an organizational point of view doing high volume recruitment, it was a fantastic tool.
Tiger

Moz
27-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Does Pageup track email applications?

Tiger
27-03-2015, 02:45 PM
It manages every aspect of your recruitment; all applications are in fact by email and you can generate auto replies as in first pass rejection, short listing etc. I've included a link

Recruitment Software & Enterprise Recruitment Solutions (http://www.pageuppeople.com/hr-solutions/recruitment-selection/)

Tiger

Moz
31-03-2015, 11:10 AM
It manages every aspect of your recruitment; all applications are in fact by email and you can generate auto replies as in first pass rejection, short listing etc. I've included a link

Thanks Tiger. It's good to see at least one recruitment system provider recognise the importance of email applications, because this is how the majority of people want to apply for jobs.

In my view far too many companies try to force applicants to apply via their web based system and "jump through hoops" to apply, which often includes supplying a significant amount of personal information which is not necessarily required at that stage. Often there is no contact detail provided by the company so that applicants have no way to follow up on their application.

While I can understand companies may need to do it this way for junior/semi skilled roles which can attract a deluge of applications, I've seen many companies doing this when recruiting for mid to senior level professional positions. Then they wonder why they struggle to attract good candidates!