PDA

View Full Version : Accrual for RDOs

HRMgr
15-07-2014, 03:05 PM
We are looking at changing our roster to accomodate the RDO system.

When I have investigated the accrual component the award states:

(e) Calculation of weekly wage rates—Rostered day off (RDO) system

Where an employee’s ordinary hours in a week are greater or less than 38 hours and such employee’s pay is averaged to avoid fluctuating wage payments,the following is to apply:

(i) the employee will accrue a credit for each day they work ordinary hours in excess of the daily average;

(ii) the employee will not accrue a credit for each day of absence from duty,other than on annual leave,long service leave,public holidays,paid personal/carer’s leave,workers compensation,paid compassionate leave,paid training leave or jury service;and

(iii) an employee absent for part of a day,other than on annual leave,long service leave,public holidays,paid personal/carer’s leave,workers compensation,paid compassionate leave,paid training leave or jury service,accrues a proportion of the credit for the day,based on the proportion of the working day that the employee was in attendance.

My question is:
Based on the above - when a staff member takes their 4 weeks annual leave, they are entitled to an RDO.
How would the calculation work for a person who doesn't go onto the averaging of hour roster, if their rates etc are the same are they disadvantaged?

Perhaps I am missing something, any help wpuld be appreciated.