PDA

View Full Version : Employment contracts

Chris888
29-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi all

Was wondering if someone could please clear up for me whether employment contracts need to be sent via hard copy or if electronic is OK.

My organisation and others I know send all electronically but I also know some others who send exclusively via hard copy / postal mail.

Any comments much appreciated.

Thanks

Qld IR Consultant
29-04-2013, 01:14 PM
My short answer is both. Can't be to careful when it comes to keeping documentation.

Tiger
29-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Agree, if sent soft copy, I print it and keep stored with my work papers. Keep hard copy of your 'signed' acceptance of any job offer plus keep all the attachments which may be attached to any contract/letter of offer.

It's surprising how many haven't done this and when things go wrong, they have to frantically search for "something they remember but can no longer find".

Tiger

NicoleAnita
29-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Agree with both comments. You should always have an original hard signed copy of any documentation agreed upon between an employer and employee. Yes it's boring to do 'filing and all ths paperwork' as one MD put it but guess whose face was red when it was required in an injunction case but the previous HR Manager didn't keep hard copies on the MD's direction and the soft copy 'must have accidentally got deleted'? Not mine.