PDA

View Full Version : Gov paid mat leave

Mickey
24-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi

I am currently on mat leave and am a government employee. We are entitled to 16 weeks paid leave.

My contract hours are .8 ( 60 hrs per fortnight) but I worked 75 hours per fortnight since commencing employment 2 years ago. I took on an extra contract (.2) to make my hours up to 75 hours.

I have received conflicting information from team leaders and shared services and would appreciate some advice.

I have been told My mat leave will only be paid on my .8 contact and the additional hours I worked every fortnight since commencing employment will not be accounted for. HR have said the have no copy of my .2 contact and now my team leader said I never signed one ( I remember signing the original and also an extension kicking myself for not asking for copy).

Should I be entitled to the 75 hours or only the 60. Any information is appreciated so that I can follow up the issue further if need be.

Cottoneyes
24-04-2013, 05:04 PM
If you can prove you have been paid 75 hours per fortnight for the last 2 years, and none of it has been paid as overtime, than the contract becomes null in this instance. Maternity leave in my opinion would need to be paid at 75 hours a fortnight if the payroll records show you being paid this constantly.

Tiger
25-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Cottoneyes is correct - you should be paid the leave based on hours which would be reflected in your Pay Advice Slips [PAS] going back the time of the changed hours. You should contact your Shared Services/Payroll people and even if they should know this, send copies of your PASs.

I do however, find it odd that if your hours were changed (effectively from part time to full time) as you state, why your employer did not give you an amended letter/contract to reflect that.

Good luck with this

Tiger