PDA

View Full Version : Resignation entilements

Naarah
16-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I recently resigned giving my employer 5 weeks notice.
They relucatantly accepted it, however upon accepting this they asked me to finish up three days later and agreed to pay me out till the date on my letter.
My question is this:
For that period they are paying me out for, am I entitled to holiday acrual? leave loading etc..

Also, I had an outstanding travel log awaiting to be reimbursed this appears not to have occured. Before I approach them about these issues I thought I'd get some information.

Lastly.. they have only paid leave loading on 43 of the 72 hours of holiday accrual... this I don't understand either... :0

Look forward to the response...

Naarah

Cottoneyes
17-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi Naarah,

Holiday accrual on notice periods: you need to check your award or agreement. If silent than my opinion is that you would not be able to get the accrual, however this is just my opinion which if needed I can back up with a heap of legal mumbo jumbo.

With the leave loading, again you need to check your particular award. I'm guessing the most likely scenario is you only get leave loading paid on leave entitlement as opposed to pro-rata leave, and the 29 hours most likely falls into the pro-rata category. Contact your old payroll office to query this, however this handling of leave loading is still around under some industrial agreements.