PDA

View Full Version : Seek online Learning courses - Are they any good?

adsghosh
02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi Fellow HR Professionals ,

I am Aditi and I am new to Melbourne. Like so many of you, my skill sets have been rendered irrelevant due to shift in geographies. I plan to do a bridging course like so many of you on this forum. The problem is slightly more complicated in my case as I am not a PR but on a 457 dependent visa. So most of the courses are expensive too as an International student.

I am currently planning to pursue the online courses that Seek is offering

1- They are cheaper than most other courses.
2- Available for an immediate start
3- TAFE approved
4- Opportunity of an online course.

Has anyone of you pursued any courses through SEEK LEARNING in the HR area? If so what has your experience been? Any inputs would be great in helping me finalise on the right course .

Thanks
Aditi

timwelly@gmail.com
10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Aditi,

I am currently studying a Diploma in HRM through TAFE delivered by Seek Learning. Although I am in the early stages, I am happy to share some insights. The most significant advice I have, is that you must be fully prepared to study online as there is little to zero contact with teachers. The course is structure well, but there is no one to advise you about your progress. My experience prior to the course was 2 years ad-hoc HR experience, which was a pre-requisite and I also have a bachelors of business from an australian University, which was not relevant.

Tim

Tara
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
My advice would be make sure you do your research properly.

I was looking into this myself but decided to not rush into the decision and to look around and do my research a little more. Feedback on some forums like whirlpool state they were mislead as the price covers the course materials and you need to be aware for external assessments and accreditation that may apply to your course are to be paid for in addition. I also found the seek consultants very pushy and tried various tactics to get you to sign up on the spot.

Having said that though I have a friend studying through seek and she is extremely happy with the course materials and content and also that she can study online.

As long as you understand the total cost, can apply yourself to online study and have sought feedback on quality of course materials you will be in a position to make the right decision.

Tara
06-03-2013, 05:11 PM
My advice would be make sure you do your research properly.

I was looking into this myself but decided to not rush into the decision and to look around and do my research a little more. Feedback on some forums like whirlpool state they were mislead as the price covers the course materials and you need to be aware for external assessments and accreditation that may apply to your course are to be paid for in addition. I also found the seek consultants very pushy and tried various tactics to get you to sign up on the spot.

Having said that though I have a friend studying through seek and she is extremely happy with the course materials and content and also that she can study online.

As long as you understand the total cost, can apply yourself to online study and have sought feedback on quality of course materials you will be in a position to make the right decision.

rumelidutta
15-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi,
All

Thanks for your advice. I am also seeking an opening in HR for a long time now, and wasn't getting any positive response. Thought taking up a course might help to get into the job market. Your valuable response is helping me to get an insight of what can be the best way to proceed.

Thanks,
Rumeli