PDA

View Full Version : Social clubs, or industry social club

tubefeed
02-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Hi
I have an interesting question or thoughts if you like.
We are a small business of 10 emps. We try to have a social event each quarter.
We - as the employer fully pay for these events. However, this is getting too expensive, especially when partners or families are invited too.
However, I know that bigger companies have social clubs that pay for most social functions and staff pay a weekly or monthly amount.
While we are not trying to cost cut, well we are a little, we are happy to pay for Xmas events, training, other smaller catered meetings e.g. Staff meetings, I wanted to explore the idea of a social club.
However for such a small business it would be difficult to setup and implement and the benefits would be relatively small for the employee.
Then I was thinking, why isn't there an industry social club or some other service that we can subscribe to and receive some of the benefits from a Larger group e.g.movie fix, discounts to local restaurants, I know of some that even have discounted holiday house rentals!
Then perhaps an allowance towards social events so that a number are subsidised to reduce the impact on our business cash flow.
Has anyone else had an any innovative ideas and solutions in this area?
Cheers
tubefeed

Cottoneyes
03-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Hi
Then I was thinking, why isn't there an industry social club or some other service that we can subscribe to and receive some of the benefits from a Larger group e.g.movie fix, discounts to local restaurants, I know of some that even have discounted holiday house rentals!
tubefeed

Check out the Pegasus group which is a similar idea that any organisation can belong to. I was previously at an employer of 20,000 employees and we had the social club set up through Pegasus which then got the members discounts at various places. They do charge a fee for this so you would need to take that into account, not all employees found it worth it.

Most other employers with a social club do have some form of deduction, but have it run by the employees. The only time this seems to work is when there is good engagement from the employee body.

tubefeed
03-09-2012, 10:55 AM
...i thought there would have to be something out there, thx again:)