PDA

View Full Version : Advice on getting visa sponsorship

AMC123
12-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Guys,

I am an Irish mature student graduate (34years old) with a BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management. I secured a place on a prestigious Irish Graduate scheme (IBEC EOP) and have recently been placed successfully with Hertz Europe in their head office as an intern which will be for 12 months.

I am seeking advice on applying for sponsorship visa to come and work in Sydney, my boyfriend is Australian and we want to try and make a life there. He is currently there whilst I complete my internship and I hope to move out there as soon as I am finished. I will have one years direct HR experience and will also be placed on different course to improve my skills (for example: Certificate in International Business). Is there anyone who can give me advice on where to begin with this process as regards looking for companies who may sponsor me? Is it better to be in Australia or to remain in Ireland whilst applying for sponsorship? It is all new to me.. So anyone who has been through the process that can advise me would be greatly appreciated or indeed anyone who may be interested in sponsoring a hardworking, Irish girl with a HR degree and years of experience in the motor trade, the clothing trade and the airline trade would also be appreciated! Can anyone recommend job websites that advertise HR roles offering sponsorship? etc

All help/advice would be much appreciated!!!

Anne-Marie

jim c500
12-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi, I'm a Brit living in Adelaide. If I were you, I'd ask these questions on a migrant discussion board - there'll be fewer HR practitioners but far more people who know about migrating and sponsorship, and a bigger network who'll try to help (I don't know about Irish ex-pat sites, but there are several British ones - Poms in Oz springs to mind). Unless you're very lucky, I doubt that employer sponsored will be a likely route in; employers have to show that there are no local takers for the role they're willing to sponsor somebody to do, and generally there are a lot of applicants for HR positions!

Good luck, Jim