PDA

View Full Version : Liquidated company

desbrooker
19-05-2012, 06:24 PM
The company that I was HR Manager of was recently placed into liquidation as a result of losing government funding. While I have a casual role as an Operations Manager in a sister company, I would appreciate comment on how one would show in a resume the demise of my previous role. I have never been in this position before nor have I ever lost a job.

Tiger
21-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't make a big deal of this - as far as your CV is concerned, Coy name and dates of employment are all you require plus general responsbilities. If at interview you are asked the question of why you left, I would simply say the business lost government funding and with that jobs went; if pressed be honest. Going into liquidation is not your fault nor a result of your performance - it is just a reality of business life these days. When viewing a CV, I focus on what the individual has done, not on the organization - other than the type of business it was - looking for a familiarity with my own business. Most recruiters would be the same. For the record, research done in the USA a few years back concluded that every single one of us can expect to lose our jobs at least three times in our careers - I can assure you it gets easier each time. Good Luck

desbrooker
21-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks, those were my thoughts as well.

People Person
21-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi desbrooker,
Just be honest. There is no shame in what happened in your last role and how you landed in your current position. People lose jobs all the time for various reasons. Your reasons is clear and had nothing to do with any failing on your part.

Good luck.
PeoplePerson