PDA

View Full Version : Hiring from overseas - VisaFirst

pegasus70
14-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I was hoping that someone could help me with information on a company which is claiming that they can set us up with overseas applicants for just under $2000.

The company is VisaFirst and that claim that for just under $2000 they will screen the applicants for us and have them all set up with bank accounts in Australia and Tax File Numbers.

I am personally very wary, but the boss is keen....

Has any one dealt with this company before?

Cottoneyes
14-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Just did a quick google search, might be worth getting your boss to view some of the comments made about them from the employees side on various forums

Never heard of them before otherwise though

Tiger
22-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Although not familiar with VisaFirst, I've had quite a bit to do with overseas recruitment. It has evolved fairly quickly over the past five years and DIAC have really lifted their game in terms of both turnaround and relaxing of some of the old limiting restrictions.
I've heard of a few (like this one) who've hopped on the gravy train and they actually can be helpful.
However, you do need to know a bit about what you want, the type of visa you want to embark on and the time frames associated with those. For sponsorship, your company will need to provide business/financial information (for DIAC).
And know that work visas only enable the person to work for you for six months.
I recommend you research VisaFirst and before agreeing to any relationship with them, ask for referees ie other companies who've used them and then call those companies and ask the right questions - foremost you want referees in a similar line of business to your own so you can compare apples with apples.
I'd be cautious about just what their fee covers and does not! and what guarantees they provide, what other costs you will be up for; are they just assisting with a visa or are they a quasi labor hire company?
There are several out there who act as labor hire ie do all the recruiting work overseas, essentially act as the employer getting their visas, organizing & paying for the medicals and police checks required (by DIAC) - they then farm out to companies here who after six months have the option to take the internationals over, or not. Almost like a try before you buy if you like. Anyhow that is another option.
If you want guaranteed excellent advice on the topic of immigration/working visas, I heartily recommend FRAGOMEN - whilst they may be a little more expensive than $2K, they are very reputabale and have a large resource base where, on line, you can keep track of your people's visa status. They operate nationally in Australia but they are not a recruiter.
I think that just knowing what it is you want and being familiar with the terminology and what it all means is a prerequisite to talking to the likes of VisaFirst.
Good Luck

trojan42
01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I had dealings with these guys in Ireland as a candidate seeking migration services. To put it mildly, I found their behavior unacceptable.

I was hoping that someone could help me with information on a company which is claiming that they can set us up with overseas applicants for just under $2000.

The company is VisaFirst and that claim that for just under $2000 they will screen the applicants for us and have them all set up with bank accounts in Australia and Tax File Numbers.

I am personally very wary, but the boss is keen....

Has any one dealt with this company before?