PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a short course on Employment Law in Melbourne

HROZ
06-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Hello HR buzzers,

I have 10+ years experience in HR and I have been and I have been HR manager in a multinational financial organisation.

Recently I have moved to Australia and I am looking for short courses on Australian
Employment Law. All I could find was either 4-8 hour courses which are too short or postgraduate courses at universities which are too long.

I am looking for courses about 30 to 100 hours.

I have already an MBA and I have been involved in HRM itself, but I need to know more about particular Australian employment law and I need some sort of certificate to present to the potential employers.

Could you please advise?

Thanks for your help!

Moz
07-05-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't know of any suitable course, although that doesn't mean there aren't any!

Reading the Fair Work Act would be a good start, however the Act can be open to interpretation in many areas so one has to look at precedents that have been set by Fair Work Australia (http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=home).

This in itself may make it difficult to create a detailed "course" on Australian employment law.

Maybe other people on the HRBuzz could offer some suggestions.

trojan42
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi HROZ

Did you make progress on that course? I am interested in doing something similar.
Best of luck with the move

Hello HR buzzers,

I have 10+ years experience in HR and I have been and I have been HR manager in a multinational financial organisation.

Recently I have moved to Australia and I am looking for short courses on Australian
Employment Law. All I could find was either 4-8 hour courses which are too short or postgraduate courses at universities which are too long.

I am looking for courses about 30 to 100 hours.

I have already an MBA and I have been involved in HRM itself, but I need to know more about particular Australian employment law and I need some sort of certificate to present to the potential employers.

Could you please advise?

Thanks for your help!