PDA

View Full Version : Typo in cover letter for grad job

unistudent
30-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Hey guys,

I am freaking out a little here, i applied for a graduate position yet i had a small typo and had .. due my .... instead of ... due to my ..... yet I am still up for an interview ...

does this mean they have overlooked it or not noticed it .... or they will it use later when they are looking to cut more people out for 2nd rount interviews :( ??

I have alot of experience and great grades .. what do you guys think ?

Job Media
30-03-2012, 09:36 AM
does this mean they have overlooked it or not noticed it ....

Isn't that the same thing?

If it has been noticed then they are obviously not worried about it.

I certainly wouldn't worry about *one* missing two letter word from a cover letter or resume.

But if you wrote anything like you have in the post above, with lower case "i"s and a spelling mistake I probably wouldn't interview you ;)

As for whether it would be used to eliminate you down the track? I'd say it was extremely unlikely, particularly if you perform well at the initial interview.

If you are still worried about it, you could give them a corrected copy of your cover letter or resume at the interview and explain that you noticed there was a word omitted from the one you sent to them originally.

This actually shows that you do have attention to detail!

Qld IR Consultant
30-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Trust me if I lost a client everytime I made a minor typing error like that I wouldn't be in business....Don't worry about it :).....To be honest if that is the only reason they don't give you the job then trust me you didn't want to work there in the first place.....Good luck!!!