PDA

View Full Version : Signing Off Simple Manual Time Sheets

UPO
28-03-2012, 08:39 PM
My first post here,.

I do a payroll for 15 staff over 5 locations - 4 x retail + warehouse / admin - problem with 2 staffers at one location - a casual & a permanent part timer. The casual is filling out & signing the PPT staffers time sheet and refusing to accept that I want each employee to do their own time sheet and sign off before faxing in for processing. The casual completes & signs off their own time sheet. Their argument is that time sheets do not need ( by law ) to be signed anyway, so why do I want it.

I am not looking at stopping anyone's pay but would like to know if filling in & signing own timesheet can be enforced in some way ?

The usual fraud prevention, OH&S issues, correct hours & leave records are the basic reasons why I am wanting the employee to take responsibility for their own T/S.

Trying to get MD to enforce doing own time sheets etc as company policy, that may work as this situation has only started with serious disagreement over the last two weekly pay cycles.

Just seeing if any other options are available.

Many thanks

UPO

HeyPete
29-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi UPO

Not aware of any law regarding signing of timesheets.

This is usually a well written company policy.

How long has this casual employee been working with you? They see problematic. Make sure you keep their employment 'casual', or else they may pull the 'where are my permanent employee entitlements?' card.