PDA

View Full Version : On the otherside of a performance issue

belinda
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi All,

I work within HR and am normally on the other side of this situation, but need some assistance on some information.

SITUATION: A friend of mine works casually in hospitality and for the same company for the last 20 years. For the past year or so, she has worked pretty much the same shifts/same number of hours each week. Not really a true casual position. Last week she was emailed the new roster (and was on holidays) and advised she had been taken off the cashier shifts because 'This is due to a number of complaints we have received from customers who are members and board members. They have said that when you are the cashier that you refuse to come out of the cashier station and serve at the bar even when there are no customers waiting at the cashier.'

She was told by the supervisor that they had discussed the complaints at a recent board meeting. She has since returned to work, but has not been provided any performance warnings. She would like to respond to the issue, as believes it is unfair as well as affects her long service leave entitlements.

Does anyone know where I can get some information for her to put in the letter?

Thanks Belinda