PDA

View Full Version : How to Exclude Recruiters when Searching?

hrspark
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
When searching for jobs online, is theres a way to specifically exclude recruiter advertised positions.

I want to avoid recruiters and there doesn't seem to be any option in the "advanced search" section for this. im hoping for a clever answer!

Thanks

Cottoneyes
08-02-2012, 07:24 AM
There is a website that is not very well known in my experience called applydirect.com.au which you may want to check out.
The website is very similar to most other job search ones, however they only take job listings from actual employees and agencies are forbidden.

Another option I took recently was to get a list of all the types of companies I wanted to work for and set up their recruitment pages in my favourites. I kept a notebook with me and if I saw a product, company car or reading the paper etc saw a company I thought might be worth working for, did my research and if my area of work was done locally, added their career page to my website favourites. After this I kept checking in on them once a week to see if any jobs were available - some would allow you to upload your resume directly without any jobs so you were on their talent database.

hrspark
09-02-2012, 09:51 AM
thanks, some good tips there. I like that website you recommended