PDA

View Full Version : Hr manager

CIA
21-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi

I am new to my role in hr. I am a hr officer and I work with a manager. My role is to assist the hr manager. I know this involves doing things for the manager such as filing etc however the manager is constantly asking me to do things like can u get me a file they might need even though I may be in the middle of something and they could perhaps get it themselves as they see this. Sometimes it feels like the manager can't be bothered to get up and get it themselves. I am just wondering what is the best way to handle this? I know I am required to assist in my role but sometimes it feels like a fine line. I am also new in the role so i am on probation.

Qld IR Consultant
23-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Well there certainly is a fine line between obeying a reasonable lawful instruction and covering for laziness. My suggestion would be once you have successfully passed your probation period you need to sit down with the HR manager and establish some boundaries and core work instructions. There is no "i" in team remember. Your there to assist and support, but as I said before there is a line, but you need to both agree on exactly where that line is.