PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Timesheets and signatures

Tdsal2
08-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi there,

My organisation is currently working on a project to connect the rostering system to the payroll system, thereby removing the need for paper timesheets.

I'd really like to pose some specific questions to anyone who've had this experience - particularly with reference to issues in replacing 'signatures' of the managers and employee's.. and any other aspects we may not have factored in..

If you have experience in transitioning a company to electronic timesheets, and are happy to offer me some insight, please contact me,

thanks and kind regards,

Todd

emmadcosta
09-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey Todd,

Have you used Replicon's online timesheet which is incredibly awesome?

We are using it quite for sometime and it is so simple and hassle free. Everything runs on browser and such a pretty interface to make all your project time and payroll related problems so easy. Backed by great support as well.

Tdsal2
12-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi Emma,
thanks for response and product referral - but im really after a discussion on the legalities and pitfalls of replacing a signature from the employee with some electronic equivalent if you know what i mean?

Any thoughts on that side of things please?
Todd

Moz
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi Todd,

What does the timesheet say currently where they sign? what's the purpose of the signature?

Moz

Cottoneyes
13-12-2011, 07:27 AM
I think it will really come down to the audit functions of the timesheet supplier. There needs to be good workflows in place that are controlled by HR (or payroll if no HR function) by way of keeping an org structure up to date so the correct manager is approving their employees only.

If there is any queries over who actually approved it, the system must be able to show the flow of the timesheet from the employee, to the manager for approval and then onto the payroll system for processing. (this should also come with a date stamp for a bit better audit ability)

If you look at your current processes, you'll probably find an improvement over the paper timesheets if your company is currently like most I've encountered. The employee gives the form to the manager, the manager signs it and gives it back to the employee to take to the payroll dept. The managers rarely look at (or understand) any payroll end reports they receive and so there is potential for the employee to add extra hours to the timesheet after the manager has signed it. Electronic timesheets remove this ability.

Also keep in mind contingencies for the manager being on planned / unplanned leave. It's not good enough in this day and age for employees to miss out on getting paid on time because their manager is simply on leave.

desbrooker
19-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I am interested in this process too. We are an organisation that provides in home care in the disability sector. Our carers have to produce a timesheet per client (some deal with up to 6 or 8 clients) and fortnightly send them to the office where they checked against our client database (the client where they can has to sign off on the timesheet). Our Coordinators aftewr checking send them on to Payroll which is offsite.

An exceptionally long winded process fraught with the possibility of human error. A number of our staff aren't particularly computer literate.