PDA

View Full Version : Salary survey recommendations

Glen Callaghan
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi there,
I'm doing some salary benchmarking for ICT sector, we have employees in Australia & New Zealand.
Does anyone have recommendation of "free" or paid surveys?

I've used Aon Hewitt as a paid survey in the past and just wondering if new options out there?

Thanks
Glen

Qld IR Consultant
03-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I am currently working with a client that relies on HAY group for its remuneration data. Although I am not a big fan they are quite comprehensive.....but you will have to pay for it.....

David Jardine
06-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Are you looking to buy data that already exists, or are you looking for survey software/platform to use to conduct your own survey?

Paul from Pivot Software
07-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I suggest that if you need reliable remuneration benchmarking information you use a source from one of the major consultancies. In my opinion the three most reliable rem survey providers in Australia are Aon Hewitt, Hay Group and Mercer. All will charge a fee.
A good remuneration survey source should have:

- a participant list (so you know where the data is coming from)
- comprehensive and relevant survey job descriptions
- clear, unambiguous definitions of what elements of remuneraiton are being reported, i.e. base salary, total fixed remuneration, total remuneration including variable pay.

For the ICT sector, Aon Hewitt, (and before that CSi, who were acquired by Hewitt) have been running a comprehensive survey in conjunction with the AIIA, the peak ICT body, for over 20 years. I believe it remains the pre-eminent source of rem data for the sector.

Many of the "free" survey sources lack some or all of the above elements, and should be treated as a very broad guide only....

cheers
Paul