PDA

View Full Version : Performance management used to terminate employment

Mrs Retail
10-11-2011, 08:06 PM
I find myself in a sad and difficult situation, and would appreciate some advice.

I am a long term senior employee in a fast growing company. Over the last couple of years I have not seen eye to eye with my manger and I am now quite certain that she is trying to manage me out of my job! I have received formal warnings and while I accept that performance management is a legitimate process of improvement I feel my manager is setting up situations and issuing warnings for 'petty' or minor actions. I have encountered many serious breaches of policy by other staff without any action taken. I am feeling genuinely victimized. I have complied with the performance management process and modified my behavior to avoid losing my job, but I feel that this may be inevitable.

What can I do to protect/defend myself?

Qld IR Consultant
13-11-2011, 05:42 PM
First off Performance Management is an ongoing communication process, not something that an employer or employer rep can drag out of their desk draw to beat employees with. If you have complied and fulfilled the requirements of your role than there is certainly no reason why you should fear losing your job. My advice would be to seek face to face assistance from an employee representative association. They would be better placed to give you guidance through a process than coming into forums like this.

Good luck!!