PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Opportunity in HR

Shamama.Affrin
24-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Dear All,
I have around 4.5+ years of experience in generalist and Business Partner profile in IT MNC's in India and have relocated to Australia recently.
I need guidance in terms of finding opportunities for my role.
I am open for starting a career here as a fresher in recruitment or generalist profile however need some guidance as to how to begin doing the same.
As per the standard norms I have gone ahead and have been applying Seek.com however have not recieved any responses on the postive note from any of them..

Please guide incase I need to do some courses as well.

Regards
Shamama

Moz
26-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Shamama,
Local courses may help, but I don't really know for sure. You could do a lot worse than study the Fair Work Act!

However, your written and spoken English is fundamentally important. I suggest you get exposure to the local business language. Perhaps attend some seminars or other industry events where people are talking about HR issues.

You should probably also get someone local to take a critical look at your CV, because if that isn't good you won't get past first base. There are numerous small companies around Australia who provide resume preparation services.

Regards,
Moz