PDA

View Full Version : Workplace Stress-Management- a short survey

dm4n
18-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I'm conducting a short (5 question) survey to assess HR professionals' perceptions of workplace stress and its impacts.

I'd much appreciate your input (you can do it anonymously) and feel free to PM me with any questions/ feedback.

Click here for the survey. (http://www.surveytool.com/s/S5964E42E9)

Many Thankyous :)

ps After speaking with Admin- I'm going to post the results back here for everyone- so please go ahead and check out the survey. Cheers.

Brad@Triscope
16-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi

I would love to see the results of this survey. The interesting thing is for a lot of people, especially men, stress manifests itself in other aspects of life such as sleep, alcohol abuse etc but people don't necessarily recognize it as stress

dm4n
16-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Brad- very true observation.

Although there's been many views of the post- only had a couple of responses- (many thanks to the people who did respond). Perhaps more incentives next time?

What's been noted: the typically reported manifestations of workplace stress- eg presenteeism, absenteeism etc and seemingly token investment in stress-management programs.

Cheers

amissiha
17-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi,

An aspect of workplace stress is work-family balance. The organisation's support and workplace structure can affect the level of conflict experienced by working parents.

I am currently researching the effects of work-family conflict as part of my Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology. The link to my survey was previously posted on HR Buzz, however if you are interested, please click in this link:

Survey (http://opinio.online.swin.edu.au/s?s=WFC_and_parenting)

There is the option to enter a draw to win one of four $50 vouchers. I will also provide the results of the study on HR Buzz.

I am looking to have some organisations (small and large) support my study by circulating the survey amongst their staff. If you are interested, please let me know.

I hope you receive more responses dm4n!

Thanks!

BookerBrinley
06-12-2011, 08:56 PM
The nature of work is changing at whirlwind speed. Perhaps now more than ever before, job stress poses a threat to the health of workers and, in turn, to the health organizations.

johnkerr
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I think telecommuting is the answer to a lot of workplace stress issues. With the technology available there is almost no reason to let a lot of office workers telecommute a day or two a week. We've had great results with improved employee happiness and a massive boost in retention.

Even productivity increased. A few people abuse the privilege but most are so happy to have it they work harder to keep it.

Being out of the office environment and just left to your work I think must be pretty good for letting the pressure off, destressing as it were.

Brad@Triscope
13-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Telecommuting is a great way to improve employee engagement. Most companies though won't even consider such an arrangement. You hit the nail on the head when you said that a small minority will abuse it but overall it is a good thing.

Job Media
22-02-2012, 03:48 PM
We allow staff to telecommute. Even partial telecommuting - that is start working in the morning on-line, then come into the office mid morning after the rush hour.

I can however understand why many companies won't consider it. There are numerous potential issues.

There is another issue linked to this which interests me - workplace stress as an OHS issue, but maybe that should have it's own thread ...