PDA

View Full Version : Minutes for Meetings

HRG78
28-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Could people please describe at least three of the best techniques they use for checking their minutes of a meeting before distributing them. thank you

Moz
28-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Have someone else who was at the meeting proof read the minutes.

If that isn't possible, you need someone who can be trusted with the information to proof read them for you and make sure it all makes sense.

For what it's worth, I am usually wary of a proof reader that doesn't find any mistakes on the first pass ;)

I have been criticised in the past for writing minutes that were too "verbose", but my view is that it's better to be safe than sorry.

This paid off some time later during an audit by our parent company!

Who said what to whom and when can sometimes turn out to be quite important :)

HRG78
19-08-2011, 11:54 AM
What are the common pieces of documentation required for meetings and what attributes should they display?

ER-Enthusiast
29-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Megansant, it sounds like, from reading some of your other posts you could really locate this information internally, you should have protocols, or previous examples of such that you can review for guidance.

To take it further you may wish to do some external research on different types of texts and the rules that go with it i,e, reports, discussion papers, minutes etc, there is plenty of information around for that sort of information.

HRG78
29-08-2011, 02:48 PM
thank you, i already have just wanted some guidance from other members and workplace examples