PDA

View Full Version : Getting first job in HR

Arshiya Hussain
29-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi All,

I am planning to move to Australia in July.

I have over 5yrs of experience in HR/Recruitment in Dubai.I know getting first job especially in HR in any country is very challenging since every country has different HR policies. Yet i wanna know what knowledge is important for a new comer to get a HR job.After gaining exp. in Dubai, i can say if you know UAE labour laws(which will be available at any typing centre in the form of book), u vl hav an edge over other new comers.

Likewise, is there any such thing or anything for that matter for a new comer to know to get edge over other new comers and get started in HR dept.

Any suggestions will be appreciated sincerely.

Thanks,

A.H.

The Y-man
01-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi AH,

Good starting point will be Home | Fair Work Australia (http://www.fwa.gov.au/) - know the legislation inside out

You need excellent English skills - written and spoken

The Y-man

MH Chan
16-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi A,

It's not as simple as that. I've been in Melb for the past 6 months & applied for over hundreds of HR jobs (both junior & senior posts) but sad to say, have not been able to secure a single interview. The standard reply given to me is "you do not have any local aussie experience" despite the fact that I have been managing HR team across the APAC region for the past 16 years.

Best of luck.