PDA

View Full Version : New to Melbourne

Glen Callaghan
17-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi,
I'm moving to Melbourne shortly from the UK and while I've secured a role as HR Generalist with my company I'd like to do a fast track Australia & New Zealand Employment Law / HR practice course.
Can anyone recommend any good part time certificates/ or full day crash courses that I could complete to brush up on local practice / laws.

Also I saw other threads on Network, any further recommendations here to a newbie in town would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Glen

keymedia
21-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Dear Glen,

Welcome to Australia! You may be interested in this Employment Law Masterclass running in Melbourne on 23 March. It is a one-day event covering all the current issues from the new paid parental leave scheme to enterprise agreements and post-employment restraints, as well as workplace policy around social networking websites and harassment complaints.

Employment Law « ALB Masterclass Series (http://www.albmasterclass.com/employmentlaw/30145/details.aspx)

The masterclass is very well regarded and has been running annually for the past 9 years. If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at lisa.narroway*keymedia.com.au. Cheers, Lisa

Glen Callaghan
01-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Thanks Lisa I'll take a look for sure.