PDA

View Full Version : Can't trust my own HR rep

megamegs
08-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I recently had an informal discussion with my local HR rep about a concern I had with a fellow employee. The employee and I have a strained working relationship and I wanted some advice on how to resolve it. The HR rep discussed my concerns with head office who thought my concerns justified a formal investigation (even though I never asked for that to take place). I don't want to take the issue any further as I don't feel that outside intervention will change this person's behaviour. I am now being told I have to provide further information about my "allegations" and attend meetings to discuss with the HR manager. I have also been told that if i don't I will be facing disciplinary action!!

I would really appreciate any feedback from HR professionals. I feel the confidentiality offered by HR has been breached and I am now in a position that can only end badly for me.

Thanks for any suggestions or help
Meggan

Qld IR Consultant
08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Meggan, without knowing the exact transcript of your conversation with your HR rep it is difficult to give you detailed advice. But by the look of it your HR rep has bungled this simple issue immensely. My advice to you is to approach the HR Manager and advise that you wish to receive copies of all correspondence in relation to this, that you will not be attending any meetings until such time as the requested information has been provided and that you have had sufficient time to organise representation if needed. Refusing to attend the meeting is not failing to comply with a lawful direction so don't let him/her try and pull that one on you either. Feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to assist you futher if you need it.