PDA

View Full Version : I somewhat ****ed my recruiter off

katikja
19-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Hello,

I think I'm in trouble.

Last week I went for a job of my dreams through my recruiter. The interview with the employer went ok. It was on Friday.

On Monday I emailed my recruiter and told them how the interview went and also asked for contact details of the people who interviewed me as I wanted to send a 'thank you' email. I received no reply from the recruiter regarding this matter apart from 'thank you for the feedback on the interview'. So I took the matter into my own hands on Tuesday and rang the interviewer myself since I knew their name and where they worked. It was a quick 'thank you for your time and opportunity' phone call.

Anyway, the interviewer found out that I rang them. I apologised but they seem to be ****ed off.

Did I kill my chances for that job?

Thanks

Katik

brookebowrey
20-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Gee that sounds a little harsh. I'm sure the employer was impressed that you did a follow up call to thank them and reiterate your interest.

I really don't think this has ruined your chances at all. :)

katikja
21-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the encouraging reply.

Regards

Katik

Moz
22-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Anyway, the interviewer found out that I rang them. I apologised but they seem to be ****ed off.

Did I kill my chances for that job?

I assume you mean the "recruiter" found out you rang the employer. However, it's not the recruiter who makes the hiring decisions.

Many recruiters like to control all communication between their candidates and the employer, so this may explain why the recruiter was irritated. If that's the only issue I wouldn't worry about that too much. At the end of the day the recruiter just wants to see the job filled with one of their candidates.

Bear in mind however, that some employers like their recruiters to control all communication, so that they don't get pestered by candidates. So your main concern here should be that the employer was irritated by the follow up call.

Did you not thank them for their time at the end of the interview?
Was the follow up call actually necessary or could it be viewed as you being "pushy"?

You say you "apologised" to the recruiter. Why? - did they say they were unhappy that you made the call? What did the recruiter say?