PDA

View Full Version : Help with HR Service Providers!

Pumpkin12
04-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have just started my Diploma in HR and one of my assignments is to write a brief response to HR Service Providers that I currently access, or could access in my organisation. My assignment suggested I check out some forums to get an idea of what a HR Service Provider is. Are HR Service Providers basically outsourcing of HR duties, such as recruitment, payroll, terminations, etc or have I got it wrong?

Thanks for helping, Jess!

AlexT
15-04-2010, 02:45 PM
You are on the right track Jess. We are an HR Consultancy and we provide complete outsourcing of HR or just help with specific projects such as handling a bullying claim, performance reviews, performance management, shortlist recruitment etc. Let me know if I can be of any help at all with your assignment. Taimi

Pumpkin12
24-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the reply Taimi. I have another question I was hoping you could help me with. I have to "decide on the strategies that you would adopt in your organistion for the effective delivery of human resource services and describe the processes that you followed when doing this". To me strategies would be cost benefit analysis and risk managment analysis and legislative requirments. Am I on the right track with this? Thanks Jess

AlexT
24-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Yes it could be those things. Perhaps a good start is to undertake an HR audit of current practices/systems and then do a gap analysis to see what is missing or needs updating with regard to legislative requirements and functionality i.e. delivering benefit to the core business, to line managers and to employees. Following this you could develop a strategic plan to implement those items identified in the gap analysis (including costs, requirements, time frames for delivery etc). I think it is important to ask 'what do we currently do well and what needs improvement in order to deliver effective human resources?' as a starting point. Therefore the process you followed would be the audit, gap analysis and development of a strategic HR plan. Gosh, I hope I am on the right track for you. These assignments can mean different things to different people and perhaps you might need to run this past your tutor? Anyway hope this helps. Taimi

Pumpkin12
24-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for that, I have read the question a million times and each time I think it means something different so I might have to clarify I think, thanks for the quick response! Jess