PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment & Selection Toolkit

belinda
15-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi All,

I am hoping some one may be able to assist me. I am wanting to put together a document that covers everything (or as much as possible) on the recruitment process - policy, procedure, helpful tips for our Managers to follow and to ensure consistency across the company.

Is there anyone that has information or knows a good website where I can get some information for this task ahead.

Thanks Belinda

Job Media
17-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Belinda,

This is no small task - but one well worth doing.

Each employer is likely to have a different recruitment policy and procedure, although those that do it well will probably have many similarities.

I'm not sure how willing or able people will be about sharing their recruitment policy and procedure but hopefully they will be able to offer some tips. I have seen some really good material on one of the university web sites, which included a brief analysis of all the different methods or avenues for finding suitable candidates. Unfortunately I can't remember which uni it was.

All managers involved in the interview and selection process need to be aware of their responsibilities with regard to discrimination, particularly in interview questions!

It would also be good to have an interview question guide, which explains the different competencies they might be looking for and provides example questions to explore those competencies, along with a means of "scoring" the responses so that you can have objectivity when comparing candidates. This way you can hopefully introduce some consistency into the selection process. There's no harm at all in having some pre scripted questions.

How to open and close an interview is also very important.

Hope this helps.