PDA

View Full Version : Performance manangement

Emmaw
20-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi

Can anyone give me any ideas for policies, standards and codes that apply when developing a performance management system

thanks

michaelakassar
20-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Emmaw,

When done properley (with plenty of time and resources invested), Performance Management Systems are multi-tiered.

Generally speaking, performance should be measured and managed at the following levels.

Whole organisation
Department, Division, or Business Unit (depending on size/structure of company)
Teams within each department etc
Individual employees

It is critically important when making any changes, including the development of new systems, that you get people at all levels involved and supporting the changes.

Additionally, all systems should be aligned with the overall business strategies, as well as the company's Mission, Vision, and Values. Each level's system should also be aligned with the level above it. For example, individual measures should line up with team, team with Division etc.

Remember that all objectives and KPI's should be realistic, achievable, and add value to the business.

You should start at the organisation level and work down. Assuming your company already has overall objectives and measures, you can then go to work on the division, team, and individual levels.

Individual employees as well as teams should be directly involved in the development of these systems, as their performance will be evaluated using the KIP's. People are more likely to comply with systems they helped to develop. Also remember that the people who do the jobs know the jobs, so they can advise you regarding the most appropriate KPI's. You will also be a respected HR practitioner too.

You will need to develop/tie in your Succession Planning, L&D, and career development processes to line up with your new systems.

Once you are close to completing this process, you can develop and implement policies/procedures to back them up. Of course, the development of policies should be done with the involvement of staff too.

If you are located in Perth I may be able to help further if needed, otherwise, if you need further assistance, just contact me by email.

Hope this helps.

:)

Cheers
Michaela

David Fox
21-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi Emma

Happy to help with some performance management templates - free of charge. Also some example policies on performance management if you interested.

You can email me at david.fox*thehrpractise.com.au or visit my website as a starting point http://www.thehrpractise.com.au

Best Regards
David Fox
Principal
The HR Practise