PDA

View Full Version : OSHA Metrics

Stephanie1979
19-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi Guys
I have been asked to check our OSHA metrics in terms of Total Recordable Injury Frequency and Total Injury Serverity Rate. Apparently the formula used is based upon the size of your workforce. I have been using Total Recordable Injuries x 10 to the power of 6 / total man hours. But have been advised this is wrong (I was given this equation by one of the large mining giants). I have "googled" OSHA but am unable to find the equations. Can anyone help???
:confused:
Thanks Stephanie

belinda
19-10-2009, 01:29 PM
We are just starting our reportings for OH&S, and I am currently looking at the Australia Standard - Workplace injury and disease recording standard. Looking at
- Incidence rate
- Frequency rate
- Average time lost rate

kevinh
19-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Stephanie,

Can you clarify what Total Injury Severity Rate means?

Is it impact of injuries in terms of lost time or associated costs such as medical, decreased quality, decreased productivity?

Kevin

ISH
27-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Guys
I have been asked to check our OSHA metrics in terms of Total Recordable Injury Frequency and Total Injury Serverity Rate. Apparently the formula used is based upon the size of your workforce. I have been using Total Recordable Injuries x 10 to the power of 6 / total man hours. But have been advised this is wrong (I was given this equation by one of the large mining giants). I have "googled" OSHA but am unable to find the equations. Can anyone help???
:confused:
Thanks Stephanie

Hope this helps

http://www.benchmarkingpartnerships.com.au/ohs_kpi.pdf