PDA

View Full Version : Payroll

belinda
24-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Afternoon,

At the company I work for I currently process payroll. The system is outsources, however I continually have issues with the company and am looking at bringing the system inhouse. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any forums, where I could bounce questions off or get some internal procedures to work with for us.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mark D
25-06-2009, 10:12 AM
When I joined my current organisation last year our payroll had been outsourced a few months prior. We had serious customer service and accuracy issues with the outsourcing vendor, to the extent that 50% of one of my team member's time was spent resolving issues with the vendor and placating angry staff, and 25% of my time was spent managing the relationship with the vendor. Plus, we had a payroll consultant coming in a few days per month to help with all the problems that were being caused by the vendor.

I did a cost/benefit analysis and decided to bring payroll back inhouse, without adding to our headcount (the staff member who was spending 50% of her time dealing with payroll vendor errors now looks after payroll herself, at around 25% of her time), and saving us around $100K per annum in outsourcing fees. We were paying for the payroll software anyway, so there is no extra cost involved for us to bring it back inhouse.

Win/win/win - our staff are happy, the CEO is happy, and my team is happy.

Belinda, shoot me a PM if you like and we can compare notes. Maybe it's the same vendor?