PDA

View Full Version : Return to Work

Mynah
18-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi
As part of an assignment for my Diploma in HR, I am required to review my organiation's Return to Work policy and procedure. Copies of your organisation's policy/procedures would be greatly appreciated.
Mynah

kevinh
19-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi Mynah,
I think it's pretty unlikely that people will just send you their RTW policies without knowing anything about you, besides, you're supposed to be reviewing your RTW policy, not comparing it with others :)

If you want some help with this, I suggest you post your organisation's RTW policy on here and people might give you some input. Other HR Buzz members may be more inclined to help if you also state how and why you think your policy could be improved, then people can see that you have already given it some thought.

NB: If you do this, make sure you remove any references to your organisation from the policy before posting it on here!

Kevin

Mynah
19-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi Kevin
I appreciate your feed back (makes sense). I am currently in the process of reading the Act to ensure we are compliant (so far so good, I think!).

This is my first involvement in an on-line discussion (I sound like a dinosour!). I am still trying yo navigate myself around these forums and haven't really said much about myself. I imagine that will come with time.:)
I look forward to continuing on with participating in this forum, so far I have found it very helpful and useful.
Mynah

kevinh
20-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi Mynah,

I'm sorry I should have thought about what I said a bit more carefully in my last post. I should have just said that people will be reluctant to share their organisation's RTW policies publicly. I wasn't trying to get you to reveal any information about yourself. There are plenty of people who are regularly participate in these forums who don't share any information about themselves, and that's fine, it's their prerogative.

However, one of the long term goals of this forum is to get HR people to collaborate more, such as sharing 'vanilla' or generic versions of policies for discussion, and perhaps sharing templates for commonly used documents and forms. Once people get a feel for who they are dealing with that is probably more likely to happen.

Cheers,
Kevin

Mynah
30-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for your feedback Kevin,

I agree, and will soon upload some of the generic policies I have developed / revised. I have just finished reviewing my orgs RTW policy for my studies. I searched on line to get an idea of which organisation's policies covered what I was hoping to cover. The internet is great way or researching other organisation's policies - so I highly recommend others to 'google' a topic if they are looking to revamp their own polices (don't reinvent the wheel!).

I will be recommending my fellow study-buddies to this forum. It's a great way to network with other HR practitioners!

cheers Mynah:)

HeidiC
06-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Guys,

When I did my Return to Work qualification with QLD Commerce, they sent me a template - maybe you could ask them for a template of their set policy & procedure, which may be helpful if you are in QLD - if not, it may be a good starting point.