PDA

View Full Version : Query aboout withholding declaration form

lukohr
23-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi professionals,

i really want to know about few doubts in withholding declaration, once the form is filled and received from individual employee, who needs to hold the form. if that particular company is Large organisation they consist of more employees also they having separate department for payroll.

Now it clearly says that the withholding declaration form should be retained by EMPLOYER no need to submit to ATO. in this case which department should retain this form (HR Department / Payroll department.

waiting for your valuable response.

thank you,

Luko.

belinda
23-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Luko

I worked at a couple that had HR and payroll separate. I worked in HR and all documentation was to come to me and then I forwarded it to payroll. However when a new employee first commencements with us, I would foward their paper to payroll for processing, however I would keep a copy of the documentation on file.

My thoughts are payroll would archive or set aside their files each month/each year, put if you need the information in a hurry you can always look on the employee file.

Just my thoughts.

lukohr
27-04-2009, 10:12 AM
thanks for your reply Belinda:

from your reply i understand that original document will be forward to Payroll dept right,
so copy of the same will be retained by HR dept for Employee record file..

i mainly need to know about Withholding declaration form.. any way thanks for your post Belinda..

Thank you

belinda
27-04-2009, 12:56 PM
The original goes to payroll and they either send it off to ATO or file it with the monthly payroll files (guessing here).

lukohr
28-04-2009, 11:21 AM
thanks for your reply,

as per my knowledge this withholding declaration is not required to submit ATO..

thats sure...

any way thanks for your immediate response..