PDA

View Full Version : Willing to Work

cnort100
13-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Hello,

I am seeking a role in the Human Resources field. I completed my honours year of a Bachelor of Business majoring in Human Resources in December 2008. I also have an undergraduate degree, Bachelor of Business majoring in Human Resource Managment and Marketing.

As my experience was limited, I am currently doing vacation work at a government organisation in Central Queensland. I have been involved in tasks which are meaningful and of real value to the organisation, such as, reviewing and updating the recruitment and selection procedures and policies, reviewing (research via survey and interviews) the organisation wide leadership program. I have felt this experience is extremely valuable as I have proved I can work in the HR field and can also be successful.

I am seeking a role in Melbourne, VIC as this is where I want to work and live for a number of reasons (family etc.). It seems though each job I apply for they have already filled the vacancy or don't require "somebody with your skills and experience" despite advertising for graduates in HR...

I am asking for some advice and also if you would be willing to look at my resume (to gain some feedback from HR professionals). I really want to work in HR and I have done everything I need to in order to give myself the best chance when it comes to shortlisting applicants for interviews but I still don't seem to get a look in.

Please contact me when you get a chance and hopefully I can learn from your experiences or you may have a contract/temporary opportunity I can work on to enhance my resume and experience.

I used to have the catch 22: applying for jobs but they wanted experience, couldn't get experience because I couldn't get a job. Now I have been fortunate enough to get some experience (however I had to travel to Central QLD!!) over the summer and now am more than ready for that first full time HR role! In the current economic climate is makes my task even harder to find employment, but I have faith that something will come along....

I look forward to hearing from others about their experiences or advice or opportunities!

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards
Cameron