PDA

View Full Version : Call Out Guidelines

cnort100
12-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi Guys,

I am after some ideas of guidelines for Call Out policies I am developing at my current workplace (vacation work). I have a few already but am hopeful that others may be able to contribute so I can develop a good policy on Call Out/Call Back.

Look forward to your ideas
Cameron

kevinh
14-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi Cameron,
What is a Call Out or Call Back ?

Kevin

tshaw
15-12-2008, 10:40 AM
this is a snippet from my old workplace (local government) on call outs

"Employees, called out to attend an emergency outside the ordinary hours with no prior notice, shall receive a minimum of two hours pay for each call out calculated at the employees standard hourly rate. "

CHankins
15-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Have you looked at any awards? I work within Healthcare industry and many of which have provisions for on-call/call back.

A good example is the Public hospitals career medical officers (State) award, or the Public Hospital (Visiting Medical Officer Sessional Contracts) Determination 2007 is quite detailed (From NSW Health website).

cnort100
05-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey guys,

I have completed some call out guidelines after reviewing various EA's and EBA's within Australia. Thanks for the replies. Have decided to make the minimum hours two for rostered on employees and three for employees who are not rostered on.

Other conditions have also been included as it was a policy for call out for the IT dept. This means that some of the work could be done through laptops at home, therefore a different set of guidelines applied.

Thanks Again!
Cameron