PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Canberra from India

sireeshadeol
08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Hello HR Buzzers and seniors,

I'm a B.Tech pursuing MBA (HR) thorugh a distance education program in India. Have hands on experience in strategic HR Manangement of about 3 years. I will be relocating permanently to Canberra in Jan 2009.

Will I be able to find a good job in the field of HRM for myself with the above qualifications and experience. If not, what is required? Please elaborate. Thanks in advance.

sireeshadeol
09-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Dear seniors and site members,

Please do reply.

Thanks.

Mark D
14-11-2008, 09:24 AM
My take is that without any Australian-based study you will struggle to find even an entry level position in the HR field in Australia. The legislative and social context of HR in Australia is vastly different to India, so I'd suggest your first priority upon arrival is to undertake some local study to acquire the necessary foundation of Australian HR.

sireeshadeol
14-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks a lot Mark for your advice. I shall definitley consider a TAFE course before starting my HR career in Australia.

PatriciaS
23-04-2009, 09:17 PM
In all honesty, it will be very difficult to find a job here. I know someone who has had a wealth of HR Generalist and Learning & Development experience not to mention an MBA in HR Management from a US University who cannot get a break in Australia.

This friend of mine is more qualified than myself in HR and is more qualified than alot of people interviewing him and still can't break in. Considering that HR in the US is far more advanced than what is being practised in Australia, its quite remarkable.

I wish you the best of luck.