PDA

View Full Version : Hris

Jason
31-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi,

I work at an organisation with 350 employees and am going to impliment a HRIS software package. I have seen a package called Smart HR from absalom systems which I think is good but I am going to need a HRIS (one or more) to compare it to. Any suggestions?

www.absalomsystems.com

Moz
31-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Jason,

Take a look at http://people.zoho.com/

Cheers,
Moz

PS. Can you let us HR Buzzers know how you get on.

NicoleL
07-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi Jason

CHRIS21 HRIS is a great system for all your HR needs including an employee self service module.

For a vanilla version, straight of the shelf, it is reasonably priced and would most definitely suit an organisation of your size.

Take a look at their site http://www.frontiersoftware.com/

cheers
Nicole

SCollins
21-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm in the same boat as Jason - I'm considering EmployeeConnect.
Anyone out there using EmployeeConnect? We're a company of some 150 employees and currently have no HRIS in place. We would like to introduce a system that is easy to use and one that grows with us as a department (HR only 1.5 years old in the company)
Would love to hear of anyone's experience with EmployeeConnect from a payroll processing and its HR modules?
Cheers

mspecht
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Jason,

A majority of the systems in the market will work for you as long as you have a clear understanding of what you want up front. All vendors have had good & bad implementations for many different reasons.

Make sure you clearly define your requirements in a way of must haves, nice to haves and future, be realistic and also understand that the software & consulting costs are only the start of your implementation costs. Changes within the your organisation should also be reviewed.

I would ask for reference sites where you can go speak to other clients who have implemented the system and see why they chose it and what other systems they reviewed. Most vendors will arrange such visits but usually not until a fair way down the sales process, and tend to only give you sites that will give a positive reference.

Another way to get feedback is to ask around at industry events to get a more verbal check. While these are not easily validated you will get the not so nice information this way. Most people will not openly write down negative information about vendors.

If you need more info let me know.

Rgds
Michael

april
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I can help you with who not to use!

actually in my past 3 roles, I have gotten there at the implementation of an HRIS each time!
1/ CHRIS
2/ Peoplesoft
3/ Spectrum Plus - ADP

They all have goods and bads. Peoplesoft is big and expensive, but very good, it is no good for payroll though. CHRIS does HR and payroll pretty well, but you have to get used to all the abriviations (they may have changed it now, but when I put it in, it was very key focused, not windows style), Spectrum Plus does the job fine, for both.... but the service, support and consulting is an absolute mess. I would never go there again.

Good luck!!!

belinda
26-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I am also going to start looking for a Payrol & HRIS system. I have been my current company for 5 months, and process the payroll as well. There are so many issues with the current system, service, etc.

1. ADP - would not use or implement (service an issue, accessability an issue. Would be ok for a small company
2. CHRIS - I worked with and thought it was good

However would like suggested Payrol/HRIS systems to review and feedback
Thanks

Helen
29-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Hi, I went through something like this last year when we were looking at ERP's to replace our legacy HR system and I asked the question of other HR folk out there.. the responses mainly centre around PeopleSoft and SAP but I thought it might be of interest.. http://www.discusshr.com/node/197

KS0505AI
29-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi,

Sorry I realise this is a fairly old post, but im curious, has anyone used ZOHO people? If they have, can they let me know how they went? I am in the process of using it for a small start up company, that incidently also license it out. Its meant to be really good but I havent used it yet.

Thanks