PDA

View Full Version : external pressures on the organisation

athena-lee
03-01-2008, 04:15 PM
What are some external pressures on organisations in general? I am doing this for an assignment I need 10 i have this so far...

1. Job Vacancy Rate in Gladstone

Gladstone has a low rate of vacancies within the organisations our clients need to be placed in. Since Gladstone is a small construction town it’s harder for our clients to secure positions within their type of industry.

2. No referrals of clients to ***

If *** is lacking in referrals of clients then *** cannot run as a successful company in fact without clients *** cannot run at all.

3. Retaining Staff

**** seems to be going through a lot of staff. Staff seem to always be coming and going. This is not good at all for **** as clients are always getting changed their Employment Consultant and the workplace is unsettled.

4. A lot of Employment Companies in Gladstone

Gladstone is a small town with a lot of unemployed people. Gladstone has over 5 employment agencies, a lot of these agencies are well known all over QLD. As for *** we are just starting to develop into a large company and sometimes find it difficult to keep up with the bigger companies in town.

CSheahan
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Some other general issues facing organisations, depending on the industry they operate in are:

* the economy - currently we are experiencing pressures related to the US financial crisis - eg. interest rates, share price pressure

* competition - this may include competition within the industry or other industries which impact on an organisation - eg. the mining boom is absorbing employees from other industries and putting pressure on wages

* population/demographics - decline in population growth and an ageing population which makes organisations reassess their strategies for retention and attraction