PDA

View Full Version : 2vouch or not 2vouch?

kevinh
04-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Another new recruitment concept is about to hit the Australian marketplace – 2vouch.com

The idea is that you recommend prospective (passive) “candidates” to 2vouch, they match them with employers and recruiters, and if the person get’s hired you get a spotter’s fee of $800 - $2000.

It’s an interesting concept, although not entirely original, because plenty of employers and recruiters already pay spotter’s fees.

It seems 2vouch aims to turn employees into part time recruiters potentially enabling employers and recruitment consultants to connect with candidates, particularly passive candidates who may not be actively looking for a new job.

If it works, this could be a boon for some recruitment firms, who I’m sure would be happy to pay $2k for a good candidate whom they can place for a $20k fee. Or alternatively, employers who can get a suitable candidate for $2k instead of paying a $20k recruitment fee. Although the actual fee charged by 2vouch would presumably higher that what the referrer receives.

It could also become quite lucrative for the individuals doing the referring - imagine if you referred a whole team!

I can also see some potential downside for employers. For example, where are you most likely to come into contact with “passive candidates” whom you can recommend ? – in your own workplace …

Take a look and let us know what you think www.2vouch.com (http://www.2vouch.com)

Riges Younan
21-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Hi Kevin

I agree, this concept of using your social and professional networks to extend your reach when recruiting has been around for a long time. In fact, if you ask any employer and most recruiters they will tell you that sourcing candidates through referrals is their most successful channel. The problem for most employers and recruiters is that the off-line model was inefficient, lacked structure and hard to monitor - at 2Vouch, we track, monitor and reward the whole referral recruiting process through an easy to use online service and a little magic from our JobGenie :)

I'm very confident that we are bringing a value innovation offering to the market.. stay tuned - we'll be launching soon.

Your readers can register to be kept up to date with our progress at www.2vouch.com.au

Regards
Riges Younan
CEO, 2Vouch