PDA

View Full Version : 15 Minutes of fame

MrsT
27-11-2007, 10:51 AM
As a small business that we took over in July, the Boss works on the floor with the other 2 employees. He's not a hard man, and he feels in debted to the guys, because they have taught him many tricks of the trade. But he usually questions them if they are late back from lunch or are wasting time.
Yesterday was a day where one of our employees just wouldn't stay put. He went out twice before 3pm and was late back from lunch nearly 10 min. He bought a snake off a friend and spent a good 15 min playing with it at work rather than actually working. At 4:45pm, he hurridly left the workshop to get a license to keep the snake. Upon his return at 5pm, without the license, he proceeded to get ready to knock off. The boss questioned his packing up and asked whether he was working back 15 minutes to make up time.
At this the employee's response was to absolutely flip out. He gave 2 weeks notice and stormed out.
From what I have found out about this guy in the last week, he has a criminal record as long as my arm and possible warrants for arrest in another state, should I be reporting him?

tshaw
27-11-2007, 01:54 PM
1. Unless you have recieved facts, and not either 3rd party gossip/hear say you should not discuss his criminal history with him. If having a clean record is part of his job, then you would be in your right to talk to him about this.
2. Check his contract/award clause - you may be able to release him earlier that 2 weeks.