PDA

View Full Version : Performance Counselling Notes

Ms_HR
01-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi Buzzers!!

Have recently held a performance counselling with an employee at which a follow up meeting as been organised to develop a performance agreement.

The employee has requested a copy of the notes from the meeting.

What do people think of supply employees with notes from performance meetings.

They are factual notes, however my thoughts are that the performance agreement that we write up next week will include the discussion held at the previous meeting???

your thoughts would be appreciated!

Regards
Ms HR

Gail
02-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Unless there is something that you believe can be achieved by withholding these notes until such time as you hold your performance agreement discussion I would provide them now

Personally I believe you will antagonise the situation by saying to the employee we are going to withhold these notes and potentially they may be able to draw something from these notes that will be beneficial to your performance agreement meeting.

Cheers

Moz
02-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Are you actually entitled to withhold the notes?

nicegirl
02-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree - why would you want to withhold the notes and indeed are you entitled to withhold them?

I cannot understand what can be achieved by doing this other than to **** the person off especially if they came to you in good faith.

MDB
08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
i agree- there is no point in holding notes, as notes are factual things discussed in the meeting. The notes would be off no use, if they are not signed off by all parties involved. so to use them we have to have all parties sign them off ,a s a true testmanent of what was discussed. Therefore, holding notes would be off no use.

sarathy
10-11-2007, 03:05 AM
Hi

I would like to know more on the various methods of performance managment system viz the various methods of appraisals

JennyP
13-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi

As a standard I take notes on all items discuused and responses at any counselling session. At the end of the session I request the employee to read and agree that the notes are an accurate account by all aprties signing. This also assists in the raising of a more formalised warning letter.

HRsmart
19-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi Ms_HR,

If you have a system in place to have your employee performance appraisal done through an online software program that will allow you to write notes during your meeting and also allow you to write confidential notes that only you and management can see. The employee will also have access to the appraisal and be able to add her thoughts and feed back and also allows her to see the notes you wrote but not see the confidential notes.

If there becomes a conflict between the parties and the situation escalates, both would have had the opportunity to comment on the meeting and the expected outcomes and expected resolutions. Everything is clear and out in the open. Each person at the meeting gets a copy of the comments posted by each so that each acknowledges what was said. My company has this and many more of these types of talent solutions available through our performance management tool. Let me know if you would like to know more. HRsmart.