PDA

View Full Version : Psychometric Testing

Lisa-Jane
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Good Afternoon,

In the next couple of days I will be undergoing a psychmetric test as part of the selection process for a HR role that I would love to get. Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the test?

Thanks so much,

Lisa-Jane,

Just a Dude
09-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Apparently you can 'beat' these tests by studying the correct (or better) answers.
I personally don't believe that you can, and besides what is the point of cheating a test for a job, only to find out 6 months in that the people/environment your working in, probably isnt right for you?
The best way to prepare for these tests, is to brush up on some basic maths, make sure your rested prior to sitting it, and dont rush thru.
Good luck!

Renee Muir
10-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Hmmm I'm with "Just a Dude" but I wouldn't say you can actually "beat" the tests...sure you can study up and refresh on the aptitude tests but as for things like behavioural profiling, values, emotional intelligence assessments...you can't study for these only answer honestly and hope you are what the employer is looking for.

Besides there is years of research and predictive validity behind these kinds of assessments and they have in-built "fakability"...so if you try to positively represent yourself the test will pick you up on it. And you can count yourself scrapped off the employer list then!

Good luck!

Lisa-Jane
11-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks so much for the advice Just a Dude and Renee.
I sat the test last night. Hopefully I will soon have some good news.